Babies + Afghans = SWEET!

Is there anything more adorable in the world than a happy, smiley faced, chubby cheeked little cutie pie snuggled up with their blankie? You'd be hard pressed to find it! (Okay so a basket-full of kittens or puppies might be a close second!)

I have been making afghans for over 15 years now, and since having my own child, I have really found a great amount of satisfaction in making baby afghans. Pretty much anyone who knows me and has had a baby has been a recipient of an Auntie Dawn baby afghan. I have been very fortunate to have such a supportive family, most of whom have actually purchased many of my creations as gifts!

All of my blankets are worked as if I were making them for my own child - I put a lot of love into each and every stitch. Because I enjoy doing this so much, it is never a chore or there is never pressure to meet a deadline. Every blanket is a professionally finished product paying great care to attention to detail. I am always learning new techniques and trying to keep up with the trends. I am always scouring books, websites and blogs for new ideas and beautiful new patterns to try! I love keeping my hands (and mind) busy.

Recently I have been busy making a nice quantity of stock for my shop doe Studio, found on Etsy. I have taken over the nursery until *fingers crossed* we need it again, using it to store my yarn and finished goods! I also use it as a "photo studio", taking a lot of my listing photos with my son's favourite Rocking horse.

Not only are my blankets beautiful, they are functional as well. They serve to keep those cool breezes and winter winds from making your baby uncomfortable (and we all know how much fun an uncomfortable baby can be!). They serve to protect your baby from the elements (sun, wind, light snow and rain). They serve as a comfort to your child and become a "sweetie", and can even become family heirlooms. Never underestimate the power of the blankie! See all of my available Baby Afghans for sale.


Who knows, maybe you have a little sweetie that needs a "sweetie"!

1 comment:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Your blankets ARE so beautiful--very nicely made and they look so soft and sweet!!

I wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my blog--I had to do a double-take at first because I thought you said you loved my "fat belly"--and I was thinking, "how does she know about my fat belly?" LOL!!! Gave me a good laugh!

Good luck in the giveaway :o)

Smiles, Karen