Blog Swap #2 with Silver Sisters Studio


It's been so wonderful getting to know such talented and sweet artists through this shop swap and blog. Not only has it been great fun making items for the swap, and imagining these ladies wearing what I've sent them, but even BETTER to get my package in the mail!! Honestly it was all I could do to actually wait until I got home to take photos as I was opening the package. Torture (in a good way)!


Lovely touch...handmade sticker on the back of my package.

Wow! So wonderfully packaged! Very professional and pretty!

I love fall and this gorgeous leaf barrette is PERFECT!

Covered in delicate French Knots, this barrette is absolutely stunning! A real work of art for your hair!

It means so much more when there's a hand written note!
One more extra special touch!


Thank you so much for including such wonderful items in your swap! To know how much work and love went into each piece makes them both extra special. I am so excited to put these piece in my regular hair accessory "rotation". So now that you've seen the pieces, let's meet the woman behind them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A bit about yourself : First off, I am a mother of two fantastic little girls. They are my reason d’etre as it were. Secondly, I am a maker of things. I’ve been making things since I was really little, from refashioning clothes to making paper to painting t-shirts I’ve always got my hands in something. I know, every artsy person says that right – but why fight it?


What made you start your business: I saw something in my friend’s store that I thought I could make, so I went home and tried it. Several prototypes later I decided I’d make more money selling them on my own. Who knew how much work that would be, but I love being in control of my own shop. I love the direct contact with my customers, and knowing that each of my creations is going out to be loved by someone else that I’ve often never met before.



What you plan to accomplish with your business: My shop is really new. Right now I’m seeing where it takes me. I have big plans of different things to offer, so we’ll see where this all goes in the end.

What you get most out of having your own business: I love creating things and getting feedback and being part of a wider community. I think being public with my art is where I need to be right now.

Your favorite independently owned online shop: http://uniformnatural.bigcartel.com/
She also has a blog (http://uniformnatural.com/journal/ ) with lots of posts about the process and inspiration behind her creations which I find absolutely fascinating. It’s like going inside someone else’s head. I totally love the pillow she has in her shop – she has pictures of the asphalt that inspired it on her blog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I encourage everyone to visit Gisele's shop, Silver Sister's Studio, especially all of my Canadian readers! She offer's on par pricing - which is a fantastic offer! She makes beautiful accessories by hand embroidering reclaimed felt. Hurry up and stop over now, she's having a sale (and we ALL LOVE A GOOD SALE!!). And if I were you, I'd bookmark her blog, a little birdie told me that there is something special coming up real soon!!

Again I also want to send an extra special thank you to Pattie from Structured Chaos for organizing, running, promoting and devoting so much of her time to this swap. Please see her blog, fan her on Facebook and see her shop!

1 comment:

audreyscountrycrafts said...

WOOHOO!! You got some great items in the swap! I love the scarf I received from you - it's cold enough here now that I can wear it!
Have a very Merry Christmas!